There are now 3 safe vaccines which will protect you from coronavirus, available free of charge from the NHS.
They’ve been through rigorous clinical trials, tested on hundreds of thousands of people worldwide and have finally been approved by the British Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
Many people over 80 as well as health and social care workers in Hackney have already been vaccinated. You’ll be contacted by the NHS when it’s your turn – either by letter or by a phone call from your GP to book your appointment.
Priority for coronavirus vaccination
The order of priority for coronavirus vaccination is:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- people 80+ and frontline health and social care workers
- 75 years of age and over
- 70+ and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- anyone from 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions, which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality / those who are unpaid carers
What you can do now
- if you’ve been invited to receive the vaccine, please book your appointment as soon as possible
- if you’re over 70 and haven’t been contacted please speak to your GP or book your appointment – all other groups are being asked to wait until they are contacted directly
- if you’re eligible for a flu jab and haven’t had it yet, book yours now – you need to leave 7 days between getting a flu vaccine and a Covid-19 vaccine
- if you’re an unpaid carer, make sure you are registered as a carer with your GP
- be aware of scams – the NHS will never ask you for your bank details
- make sure any information you share about the vaccine comes from a trusted source such as www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
Health and social staff and carers
- frontline health and social care staff and employers (as defined by NHS guidance) working in Hackney who have not been contacted about booking a vaccination should email ASCcovid19vaccine@hackney.gov.uk with their details
- if you are a carer employed via direct payments, contact us on email@example.com or 020 8356 2354 to receive a coronavirus vaccination request form. You can also register as a carer with your GP to receive the vaccine